Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Monday, August 8, 2011

8 August 2011 (English and Portuguese)

Braden at the waterfall

Agosto, 08

Braden no cachoeira

Braden's trip to the Brazilian Jungle
Passeio de Braden na selva brasileira
Hey Everyone,

This week was great as well, the jungle was amazing last Monday, I took more than a hundred pictures I think. It was a really pretty place, we were there all day. There were a few waterfalls that we went to, they were incredible. I also saw and heard a few monkeys along the way, which was really cool. I´ll send some pictures, don´t worry. Yesterday was really great; I got to help ordain our recent converts to the Aaronic Priesthood, it was a really amazing experience. These people are amazing, I love it here. Yesterday, I bore my testimony as well and told them all that I told my Mom that I wasn´t ever coming home and that she got mad at me and they all laughed. I really love this ward, the people here are amazing! We have been working with our recent converts this last week and have taught with them as well. We brought Claúdio and Paulinho with us to teach some families and they loved it. Claúdio is already preparing to leave this next year and Paulinho, who we just baptized last week, is already excited to serve a mission as well. They are incredible examples for me.

We had interviews with President this Tuesday, it was really good. We had a good training by the Assistants about the Book of Mormon and my companion got a huge package from his girlfriend that was full of good stuff to eat, so that was great. This was a really fast week as well. Time just seems to get faster and faster, funny eh? I really hope that nothing happens with the Stake Presidency. At least before I get home. I want to get released by Presidente Jaussi, he´s an amazing man. I can´t believe that there is only one more week in this transfer, that is pretty ridiculous. We will see what happens.

I don´t have as much to write about today. Last week was just incredible. How are Grandpa and Grandma doing? How was it with Johnny and Kylene there. I have been thinking a little bit more about school. I`m not sure where I want to go yet. I`m thinking BYU or SLCC, but I´ll have to think more. It´s a sacrifice, trust me, because I hate thinking about it haha. Anyway, tell everybody hi for me. I love you guys. Hope you all have a great week!

Love, Elder McDonald



Olá a todos,
Esta semana foi tão grande também, a floresta foi incrível segunda-feirapassada, eu tirei mais de uma centena de fotos, eu acho. Era um lugar muitobonito, nós estávamos lá todos os dias. Havia umas cachoeiras que fomos, elas eramincríveis. Eu também vi e ouvi alguns macacos ao longo do caminho, que foimuito legal. Vou mandar algumas fotos, não se preocupe. Ontem foi realmentegrande, eu ajudei a ordenar o nosso recém-converso ao Sacerdócio Aarônico, foiuma experiência realmente incrível. Essas pessoas são incríveis, eu amo issoaqui. Ontem, eu aumentei o testemunho também e disse-lhes tudo o que eu disse àminha mãe que eu não estava sempre voltando para casa e que ela ficou com raivade mim e todos riram. Eu realmente amo essa ala, as pessoas daqui sãoincríveis! Temos trabalhado com os nossos recém-conversos nesta última semana eensinamos com eles também. Trouxemos Claúdio e Paulinho conosco para ensinaralgumas famílias e eles adoraram. Claúdio já está se preparando para ir para missãono próximo ano e Paulinho, que acabamos de batizar na semana passada, já estáanimado para servir em uma missão também. Eles são exemplos incríveis para mim.Tivemos entrevistas com o presidente nesta terça-feira, foi muito bom. Tivemosuma boa formação dos assistentes sobre o Livro de Mórmon e meu companheiro temum enorme pacote de sua namorada que estava cheio de coisas boas para comer,então foi ótimo. Esta foi uma semana muito rápida também. Apenas o tempo pareceficar cada vez mais rápido. Engraçado né? Eu realmente espero que nada aconteçacom a Presidência da Estaca. Pelo menos antes de eu chegar em casa. Eu quero serliberado pelo Presidente Jaussi, ele é um homem surpreendente. Eu não possoacreditar que há apenas uma semana mais nesta transferência, que é bastanteridículo. Vamos ver o que acontece. Eu não tenho tanto para escrever sobrehoje. A semana passada foi simplesmente incrível. Como estão vovô e vovó? Como estácom Johnny e Kylene lá. Tenho pensado um pouco mais sobre a escola. Eu nãotenho certeza para onde quero ir ainda. Eu estou pesando em BYU ou SLCC, mas euvou ter que pensar mais. É um sacrifício, acredite em mim, porque eu odeiopensar nisso haha. De qualquer forma, diga a todos oi para mim. Eu amo vocês.Espero que todos tenham uma ótima semana!

Amor, Élder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment