Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Monday, August 15, 2011

15 August 2010 (English and Portuguese)

Hey Guys,

Today I´m going crazy, I got some really cool but at the same time, sad news. President Lima called me this morning during companion study and asked,


“Is this Elder McDonald?
I said, “yep.”

“ HEY ELDER MCDONALD, HOW ARE YOU?!”
“Hey President, I´m doing great how are you?!”

“ I´m doing awesome as well! Elder, I was just calling to let you know that I am calling you to serve in Niterói as.....”
Then the phone starting breaking up and I didn´t understand anything, really frustrating, then I told him to call me back. He called back and was like,

“Elder McDonald, I am calling you to tell you that I have called you to serve as a Zone Leader in Niterói, this area is needing a lot of miracles!”
OH MAN!! I was really excited and honored to have had President Lima personally call me and tell me, that was a really incredible experience for me. I am really excited because my companion is Elder Cavalcanti, he came out with me on the mission and he is a really awesome Elder, and my zone is incredible as well, I will finally have sisters in the zone again. I´m really excited!!!

But, at the same time, I´m really, really sad to have to leave this area, it is going to be really tough. The people here are incredible. We brought two guys to church yesterday that are amazing and they want to be baptized this Sunday, and now I´m not going to be able to be here to see it or to baptize them. They are really awesome. One of them is Paulinho´s brother and the other is an elect that found us on the street wanting to go to church. This area is full of miracles and I am going to be sad having to say goodbye to everyone today, it will be really tough. Luckily, I have already given my address away to mostly everyone. We just got a new amazing Ward Mission Leader, Edmar, and now I don´t even get to work with him, bummer!! This is one of the greatest areas that I have passed and I only get to stay here for one transfer, that is a bummer, but when we come back, I will bring you guys to meet these amazing people!! I love this place so much, I will never forget the amazing experiences that I have had here. It´s going to be sad to say goodbye to the people that I have baptized, I´m sure they aren´t going to like this. Are we going to come back and visit then next summer???? I really hope so!!!!! It would be cool for you guys to come down and pick me up, but if it would only be a few days, that would really stink. It would be a lot better to stay here for a few weeks. We wouldn´t have to pay for hotels or food because I already have the hookups with the members in all of my areas haha so that´s all taken care of. Oh man, I´m so sad that I am leaving this area. But I know that the Lord has called me to Niterói for a reason as well; it will be an amazing learning experience as Zone Leader, I´m really excited. Samuel will be really happy to hear that, I think he is still there. You will have to tell him, ok? Tell Bishop Thorup hi for me, ok? Also, tell President Jaussi hi for me. I love you all, I love the mission!! I can´t believe that time is going by this fast, I hate it. Thanks for the emails, love you guys!!

Love, Elder McDonald



Agosto, 15
Hey, pessoal,
Hoje, eu estava ficando louco, eu soube de  algumas coisas legais, mas ao mesmo tempo,notícias tristes. Presisdente Lime chamou-me esta manhã, durante o estudo com ocompanheiro e perguntou, “É este o Elder McDonald?”

Eu disse:”sim”
“hey elder McDonald, como você está?”

“Hey President, eu estou indo bem, com vai o senho?”
“Eu estou indo muito bem também!! Elder, eu estou ligando para deixar vocêsaber que estou chamando você para servir em niterói como.....”

Então, a ligação começou a falhar e eu não entendi nada, foi realmentefrustante, então eu disse a ele que ligasse novamente. Ele ligou e foi como,
“Elder McDonald, eu estou ligando para dizer que eu estou camando você paraserver como líder de zona em Niterói, esta área está precisando muito demilagres!”

Oh, cara!! Eu estava realmente animado e honrado de ter o Presidente Lima,pessoalmente, ligado e dito para mim. Isto foi realmente uma experiênciainvrível para mim. Eu estava realmente animado porque  meu companheiroé o elder Cavalcanti, ele  saiu comigo na missão e ele é um elderimpressionante, e minha zona e incrível também, eu finalmente terei sisters naminha zona novamente. Eu estou realmente animado!!!
Mas, ao mesmo tempo, eu realmente, realmente estou triste de ter que deixaresta área, isto será realmente árduo. As pessoas aqui são incríveis. Nóslevamos dois rapazes apra a igreja ontem, que foi incrível e eles querem serbatizados neste domingo, e agora eu não poderei estar aqui novamente paravê-los serem batizados. Eles são realmente incríveis. Umdeles é o irmão de Paulinhoe o outro é um eleito que nos encontrou na rua, esperando para ir a igreja.Esta área é cheia de milagres e eu estou ficando triste de dizer tchau paratodos aqui. Vai ser realmente árduo.

Felizmente, eu já dei meu endereço a todos em sua maioria. Acabamos dereceber um novo líder de missão da ala, Edmar, e agora eu nem vou trabalhar comele, chatice! Esta é uma das maiores áreas que eu já passei e eu só ficarei aquipor uma transferência, que é uma chatice, mas quando eu voltar, vou trazervocês para encontrar com essas pessoas incríveis! Eu amo este lugar muito, eununca vou esquecer as experiências incríveis que eu tive aqui. Vai ser tristedizer adeus às pessoas que eu batizei, eu tenho certeza que eles não vão gostardisso. Será que vamos voltar e visitar, em seguida, no próximo verão?? Eurealmente espero que sim!!!!! Seria legal para vocês virem e me pegar, mas seisto for por apenas alguns dias, não seria legal. Seria muito melhor ficar aquipor algumas semanas. Não teríamos que pagar por hotéis ou comida, porque eu játenho a conexões com os membros em todas as minhas áreas haha ​​então tomemconta disto. Oh cara, eu estou tão triste que eu estou deixando esta área. Maseu sei que o Senhor me chamou para Niterói por uma razão boa, mas será umaprendizado incrível como líder Zone, eu estou realmente animado. Samuel vaiestar muito feliz ao ouvir isso, eu acho que ele ainda está lá. Você vai terque dizer a ele, ok? Diga Bispo Thorup oi para mim, ok? Também, diga-PresidenteJaussi oi para mim. Eu amo todos vocês, eu amo a missão! Eu não posso acreditarque o tempo está passando tão rápido, eu odeio isso. Agradecimentos para ose-mails, amo vocês!
Com Amor, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment