Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Monday, August 1, 2011

1 August 2011 (English and Portuguese)

Braden and his companion with member, Maria, and her husband
Agosto, 01
Braden e seu companheiro com membros Maria com o esposo.
Hey Guys,
This was absolutely the greatest week that I have ever had in my life!!!! We had FIVE baptisms, on Saturday and Sunday combined, it was incredible!!! I have never seen anything so amazing as this!! All of the people that we have brought to church in these last three weeks have been baptized!!! That is a MIRACLE!!!!! The Lord has been so merciful with us and I have never felt so much happiness in my entire life!! I haven´t done anything, the Lord has done everything!! I am so grateful that he has blessed us so much. This was the first family that I have baptized on my mission!! They are incredible!! The Dad, Paulo, is going to receive the Aaronic Priesthood this Sunday! He went by himself yesterday to the church to get interviewed by the Bishop. This family is amazing! He is so excited, as well as his wife and daughters! We also baptized two other young men and they are the coolest as well. I have never seen so many elect people in my life, they love us! One of them, Paulinho, is especially awesome. I look at him and just envision an amazing missionary here in a few years. I will send you all pictures when I get a better chance. I am so happy! I was in Barra Mansa as well yesterday helping the Zone Leaders get two more baptisms there, and then last night I was in Centenário helping the other Elders in my district with one more baptisms there! It was such an amazing weekend! Starting on Saturday and ending only Sunday night! I love BAPTISMS!!!! Last night, we went and visited this Family, Paulo, Marilene, Andreisa and Janaína, the family we baptized, and it is so different in their house now! The Spirit abides there now!!! It is incredible! I love the Spirit!! I love this Gospel!!!
When you were talking about home and school and stuff Mom, I got really sad. I don´t want to think about any of that. It makes me sad that it is already August. I really love these people here; I love everything about this area and my mission. It has changed me. I can´t believe how much the Lord has given me. It is incredible. He has blessed me more than I deserve. The Spirit is so strong here on the mission...I can´t describe how happy I feel. I think of the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 18, about the worth of souls and the joy that we feel if we bring MANY souls unto Christ. I am starting to feel that joy. Every time that I am with these amazing people, I look at their faces and see how happy they are and how they have changed. I think a lot about my Patriarchal Blessing, how it says that the greatest joy I will have in my life is bearing my testimony about the Gospel on my mission and seeing the light of the Gospel come on in the faces of the people. I am living that right now. I am seeing that come to pass. I have absolutely no doubt that miracles exist. I have absolutely no doubt that this Gospel is true and that it is of Christ. I have absolutely no doubt that Christ lives and is our Savior, that through baptism all people can change! I have been living that for the last year and seven months. This mission is incredible! This is my mission!! I love every little detail of it!!!! Every sacrifice that I have had to pass through has been worth it!!!! My joy is full. I love you all so much! I love Jesus Christ. I love my Heavenly Father and I love this Gospel. I wish that you guys could see these people here, the lives that have been changed. You will all have to come and visit after the mission with me. I never want to forget any of this.
That is really cool Mom that Maria called you. They are an amazing family. They told me they were going up to visit. I really hope that you can meet up with them, that would be amazing!!! Give them some stuff to bring back to me and maybe I can give them some stuff to bring up to you guys. We will have to see. I really loved being there on Saturday, and I´m grateful that she said I am a good missionary, I´m really doing my best out here. I love this ward! I want to end my mission here!! I hope I can. I asked President in my email today, we will see. He should be coming this week because he wasn´t able to this last week. I love the mission!!!! I can´t get enough of it!!!! This has been the most incredible area that I have passed and has been the most amazing transfer that I have had. I know you hate hearing this, but I don´t want to come home. I just want to see you guys and that´s it. I want to stay here forever haha. I am trying to get the most out of my mission that I can. I know this is Christ´s only church. I know that the Priesthood is real!  I´m grateful for my Patriarchal Blessing and all of the amazing promises that I have. I am so blessed, I need to appreciate what I have a lot more. Have an amazing week and I´ll talk to you all this next week.
Love, Elder McDonald


Hey Guys,
Este foiabsolutamente a maior semana que eu já tive na minha vida!! Tínhamos cincobatismos, no sábado e domingo combinados, foi incrível! Eu nunca vi nada tãomaravilhoso como isto! Todas as pessoas que nos trouxeram à igreja nessasúltimas três semanas foram batizadas! Que é um milagre!!!!! O Senhor tem sidotão misericordioso conosco e nunca senti tanta felicidade na minha vidainteira! Eu não fiz nada, o Senhor tem feito tudo! Sou muito grato por que eletem nos abençoado tanto. Esta foi a primeira família que eu tenho batizado emminha missão! Eles são incríveis! O pai, Paulo, vai receber o SacerdócioAarônico neste domingo! Ele foi sozinho ontem à igreja para ser entrevistadopelo bispo. Esta família é incrível! Ele está tão animado, bem como sua esposae filhas! Nós também batizamos outros dois rapazes e eles são os mais legaistambém. Nunca vi povo tão eleito na minha vida, eles nos amam! Um deles, oPaulinho, é especialmente impressionante. Eu olho para ele e apenas imagino ummissionário maravilhoso, daqui em poucos anos. Vou enviar-lhe todas as imagensquando eu conseguir uma chance melhor. Estou tão feliz! Eu estava em BarraMansa, também ontem, ajudando os líderes da Zona obter dois batismos lá, e depoisna noite passada, eu estava em Centenário ajudando os outros elderes do meudistrito, com mais um batismo lá! Foi um fim de semana incrível! Começa nosábado e só terminou na noite de domingo! Eu amo batismo!! Ontem à noite, fomose visitamos esta Família, Paulo, Marilene, Andressa e Janaína, a família quebatizamos, e é tão diferente em sua casa agora! O Espírito permanece lá agora!É incrível! Eu amo o Espírito! Eu amo este Evangelho! Quando você estavafalando sobre a casa e a escola e coisas de minha mãe, fiquei muito triste. Eunão quero pensar em nada disso. Faz-me triste que já é agosto. Eu realmente amoessas pessoas aqui, eu amo tudo sobre essa área e minha missão. Ela mudou-me.Eu não posso acreditar o quanto o Senhor me deu. É incrível. Ele tem meabençoado mais do que mereço. O Espírito é tão forte aqui na missão... Nãoposso descrever o quão feliz eu me sinto. Eu acho que da escritura em Doutrinae Convênios 18, sobre o valor das almas e a alegria que nos sentimos quando nostrazemos muitas almas a Cristo. Estou começando a sentir aquela alegria. Todavez que estou com essas pessoas incríveis, eu olho para o rosto e vejo comoeles estão felizes e como eles se mudaram. Eu penso muito sobre a minha BênçãoPatriarcal, como isto diz que a maior alegria que vou ter na minha vida é o meutestemunho sobre o Evangelho na minha missão e ver a luz do Evangelho venha nosrostos das pessoas. Estou vivendo isso agora. Eu estou vendo que aconteceu. Eunão tenho absolutamente nenhuma dúvida de que milagres existem. Eu não tenhoabsolutamente nenhuma dúvida de que este Evangelho é verdadeiro e que é deCristo. Eu não tenho absolutamente nenhuma dúvida de que Cristo vive e é nossoSalvador, que através do batismo todas as pessoas podem mudar! Tenho vivido issoneste último ano e sete meses. Esta missão é incrível! Esta é a minha missão!Eu amo cada pequeno detalhe dela!! Todo sacrifício que tive de passar valeu apena!! Minha alegria é plena. Eu amo todos vocês muito! Eu amo Jesus Cristo. Euamo meu Pai Celestial e eu amo este Evangelho. Eu desejo que vocês possam veressas pessoas aqui, as vidas que foram alteradas. Vocês terão que vir e visitardepois da missão comigo. Eu nunca quero esquecer nada disso. Isso é realmente legalmãe,  que Maria chamou. Eles são umafamília incrível. Eles me disseram que estavam indo subindo para visitar. Eurealmente espero que vocês possam encontrar com eles, isso seria incrível!Dar-lhes algumas coisas para trazer de para mim e talvez eu possa dar-lhesalgumas coisas para levar até vocês. Teremos que ver. Eu realmente adorei estarlá no sábado, e eu sou grato que ela disse que eu sou um bom missionário, euestou realmente fazendo o meu melhor aqui. Eu amo essa ala! Quero terminarminha missão aqui! Espero que eu possa. Perguntei ao Presidente no meu e-mailhoje, vamos ver. Ele deve estar chegando esta semana porque não foi possíveldele  estar aqui última semana. Eu amo amissão!! Eu não consigo obter o suficiente dela!! Esta tem sido a zona maisincrível que eu passei e foi a transferência mais surpreendente que eu tive. Eusei que você odeia ouvir isso, mas eu não quero voltar para casa. Eu só querover vocês e é isso. Eu quero ficar aqui para sempre haha. Eu estou tentandotirar o máximo proveito da minha missão que eu posso. Sei que é única igreja deCristo. Eu sei que o sacerdócio é real! Sou grato por minha Bênção Patriarcal etodas as promessas incríveis que eu tenho. Eu sou tão abençoada, eu precisoapreciar o que eu tenho a mais. Tenam uma semana incrível e eu vou falar comvocês todas estas semanas seguinte. Amor, Élder McDonald



No comments:

Post a Comment