Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Friday, June 24, 2011

21 March 2011

What a miracle I have received today!!

I got an email from Dylan, from JJ and from Sam. Megan wrote me too, and as always, my loyal parents!

I was really happy to hear from Dylan and JJ, it was great to get an email from them! It´s about time too. This computer today is so slow and is driving me crazy! I´m trying to send you some pictures of our last P-day when we were playing Frisbee, but it is taking forever to upload, so I hope that by the time I finish with this letter, some of them will have uploaded by then. Thank you all for your letters, they were really great!

This week was pretty crazy.There were a lot of funny things that happened throughout. I have done some pretty funny things to my companion on accident and it has been funny, at his expense :) I forgot to tell you guys about the first day that he got here in the area. I always had been ironing Elder Clegg´s shirts in the morning, so I was going to just keep up with the tradition. Turns out that the fabric on the shirts is thinner and I didn´t turn down the temperature on the iron. So I pick up the iron, put it down in the middle of the shirt to start ironing it, and immediately, it melts a huge hole in his shirt! I about died right there. So trying not to make a big scene I just say. ``.......Elder......you´re going to kill me.`` He responds from the kitchen, ``Why?`` I didn´t say anything, I just walked into the kitchen with the shirt and looked at him through the big hole in the shirt. And he´s like,`` What did you do to your shirt?`` ``........uh......this isn´t my shirt.`` ``It´s MINE?`` ``....yeah......I`m sorry.`` haha oh shoot, it was pretty funny. Luckily he is a really cool comp and didn´t murder me. Then another day the next week, we were coming home on the city bus and I forgot that he ran out of money and I was going to pay for his bus ticket, and I just passed and went and sat down and was messing with something so I didn´t see him there in the front, waiting for a miracle and struggling to find loose change in his backpack until the last minute. I was already exhausted from that day, so that was my excuse :) and at the last minute I saw him up there and it all registered and I shot up and ran over to help him, but he had already passed. Again, ``Elder, I´m sorry! I forgot that you didn´t have money. You were going to have to dance for the guy or do something to make him let you in.`` It was really funny, we just laughed. I´m sure he´s getting sick of these things happening to him always haha. Then this week was really funny. I had to go to the bathroom way bad, and the only place that had a bathroom that was close was a bar....great. So we go in there and ask, can we use the bathroom? The little wise guy says, ``Both of you together?`` My companion screams out, ``NO WAY MAN! Are you crazy?`` Haha I was just dying laughing, it was pretty funny. Oh the joys of the mission.

President called me on Friday and was like, ``Hey MacDonalgees! Can I have a number 1? How are you Big Mac?`` Haha he´s hilarious! I can´t believe that he is already getting ready to end here in a few months. He is going to speak at a fireside here in Juiz de fora so It will be us and Elder Fernandes and his comp and the Zone leaders there with all of the stake there as well. That will be really cool!

We went over to a less-active members house last night and he was acting pretty crazy yesterday, it was weird but really funny. He decides that he wants to play his flute for us and comes out and says, here´s one from Dire Straits. Here´s another from Bon Jovi. And the last one was the music from Titanic. Oh man, I was trying not to laugh because he was taking it all seriously, but I was dying, it was too much. Good times.

Janaína got confirmed yesterday; that was really cool. Her family is awesome! I will have to get a picture of them and send it to you guys; her little sisters are hilarious and they love us. They always get excited when we go over and visit them. We have been trying to find a new place to work because a lot of our investigators that we´ve had have all been ``mole`` and don´t really want anything more to do with us. They just make up lame excuses why they don´t want to go to church. But, what can you do right?

That Elder that came to our house to eat sounds really funny. He sounds like one of the assistants that was here with us this last week, Elder Shoemaker. Full of energy and really, really persistent. He was going to stay at our house, but then he forgot that he had the keys to the other Elder´s house on the other side of the city where he had been staying the night before, and we had to go all the way over there to give them their keys and ended up getting home at about 10:30. How great it is. This week for sure was full of lots of adventures. They also had a training meeting in Petropolis, so we were all running around helping everyone get to that. The week went by fast though. Gotta love the mission.

Tell Dylan, JJ, and Sam that I say hi and that I will write them, ok? Tell them thanks for the emails, they were really great! Keep them up! Help the missionaries out up there, give them lots of references, they love them, trust me :) We´re trying to get lots more here as well and plan more fun activities to get everyone excited, it will be good! I love you all! Sorry that I didn’t respond to all of the questions, but the time today is passing really fast and I had a lot to do and to read! It was really great though! Thanks again for the emails and I´ll talk to you all next week!

Love, Elder MacDonalgees

No comments:

Post a Comment