Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Friday, June 24, 2011

14 March 2011


Hey Guys,

Thanks for the letters, they were great. I love hearing about how these missionaries just come home and bomb their homecoming talks; makes it easier for me to not feel so much pressure to give a good one. I´m glad you guys liked that story about the dog, I was dying laughing as well when he told me. I do know Elder Johnson, Mom, he´s in the same group as Elder Billin and will be going home pretty soon. That´s way funny that he´s their nephew; he does look a lot like them. When did you find out about that? That´s pretty funny. Dad, that´s crazy that Jacob is getting married this summer. He looks a lot different already, that´s pretty funny. Those pictures of Dylan were really funny, I liked that Frodo one haha.

Well, yesterday we had another baptism, it was really cool! I´ll try to send you guys a picture. Her name is Janaína and she´s a really cool girl and her family is awesome! It was an awesome baptism. It´s still been raining here for about 2 weeks. I´m loving it. I´m not sweating like crazy every second. It´s been nice. Last night we went back to Geraldo´s house and he came and picked us up and brought us there and took us home because they live in the middle of nowhere in their huge house, it´s so sweet there. It´s their little getaway. It was way funny there. We were talking about names and they started talking about the crazy American names the Brazilians give their kids because they think it´s really cool. Most of them don´t know the meaning so they just see a word in English and give their kids that name. My favorites were Monkey Souza, Airlines Gomes da Silva, Email dos Santos, and Michael Jackson da Silva. Oh man, I was dying laughing there, it was too funny. They made us dinner as well. It was way sweet!! I love going over there, they are the coolest family I have met on the mission. I don´t know how many different times I have said that already, but they are such amazing people. They are inactive though, and I don´t know why they won´t go back to church. It´s pretty sad, but we´re trying to help them. We gave a good message about the tree of life and how we need to stay on the path of eternal life and not let the world have an influence on us.

I heard about the tsunami in Japan, that´s so crazy! There is a ton of crazy stuff happening in the world and all of the signs from the scriptures are coming to pass. It is really crazy. I can´t believe how many disasters have happened in the world since I got on the mission, it´s unreal.

This week was pretty good for us. We worked a lot with the members and had some really good lessons with some awesome people. The members here are fantastic and we´ve gained a lot of their confidence back, after all of the other missionaries passed through here and lost a little of it. I think (hope) the members are happier and more excited now. We are planning a bunch of activities with them to bring their friends that aren´t members and I´m sure that will work out really well. I love this area so much and love my mission. It´s the best thing I´ve ever done in my life for sure. So many funny days and experiences and also the most spiritual moments that I have ever had. I love these people here. They are incredible!

I´m just with Elder Siqueira now, we´re not in a three-some or anything. Elder Clegg went to Andaraí in Rio and Fernandes is just our district leader. Our district and Zone are so sweet. Really good guys. Elder Siqueira is hilarious and a hard worker. I´m happy because with the two of us, our house is always sparkling clean and we both try to work hard. It´s been a really good transfer so far.

Well, I hope that you are all doing great as well. Thanks for the pictures Dad, they were great! Hope you find out what happened with all of my friends, they all disappeared. I love you all so much and hope you aren´t missing me too much. The mission is going by too fast. Talk to you all next week!

Love, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment