Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Monday, July 26, 2010

Week 16 in Volta Redonda

This week was really amazing though! We were walking around in Padre Josimo, coming back home, and we ran into this girl that me and Elder Glade were teaching our first transfer here, clear back in April, and she came up to us and said that she was ready to be baptized! It was amazing! We baptized her yesterday and we are going to baptize her little brother this week as well! We got up around 5 yesterday to go to the church and warm up the water in the font and go to Padre Josimo to pick her up. We baptized her at 8 in the morning right before Church started so that we could confirm her during sacrament as well. Everything went so well for us yesterday; we were so blessed. The returned missionary, Adriano, brought about 10 of our investigators to church with him, and four of them are going to be baptized this week. Everything is getting better here now; he has helped us so much. He´s still in the missionary mode, it´s way sweet! Elder Young and I were so tired by the end of last night, I didn´t think I was going to make it home when we were walking. So tired haha. It was an amazing day though.


We also had interviews with President on Thursday so I got my package. Thanks. The candy is great; I´ve been sharing it with some of the members and with the Sister missionaries, they are very grateful haha. ``American Candy, yay!!`` haha. But interviews were so good with President. He is so amazing! He gave us a little training before and it was so awesome, the Spirit was so strong. But he said that from now on, we will only have an interview every 3 months. I guess it is a new rule that the First Presidency sent, it kind of stinks. I think I´m going to be transferred though here in two weeks. President was telling me that this is one of the hardest areas in the mission and he thanked me for being so patient here. It has been a little tough getting baptisms and stuff, but it has been an awesome experience for me. I really like this area and I have had some amazing times here and met some amazing people! I also asked President if he could find out more information about the Tribe of Asher for me and he said that he would. I´m so grateful for him, he is such an amazing President. I am so lucky to have him for a mission president! I am so grateful for the Lord for everything that I have here and that I am experiencing. It really is so amazing!

Well, I hope that you are all still being safe and enjoying the rest of summer. Don´t worry, the weather hasn´t changed much, never really changes a whole lot with the seasons haha.

Love you all!!

Love, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment