Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 15 in Volta Redonda

Hey Guys,


How´s everything going? Thanks for the emails and everything, they were great! Sounds like you guys are having a fun summer!

Well, this week was pretty interesting, we didn´t really find anyone new to teach, just people who don´t want to hear anything. Kind of a bummer, but just have to keep going. We had a lot of funny times this week that kept us laughing and kept us entertained haha. Elder Young has another snakey woman after him that asked if she could have a picture of him because he is so beautiful! Haha I was dying laughing, she is really creepy. We´ve found some really strange people these last few weeks. We went to this store so that Elder Young could buy an umbrella because it has been raining this last week again (so nice) and he ends up buying this 25 dollar watch that is the cheapest piece of garbage I´ve ever seen and he didn´t really how cheap it was until after we left the store and he was messing around with it. It was pretty hilarious, he´s like, I´m an idiot! Why did I buy this? I couldn´t stop laughing. We were also on the bus going to lunch one day and the music that was playing was some kind of Gospel Metal; it was pretty hilarious. Gospel Lyrics with this ridiculous guitar going off haha ridiculous! And one of the mornings when we were studying, we hear this huge crash outside our apartment, and we open the window and look out and see these people yelling at each other and figure out that there was a car accident. It was crazy because we hardly ever have any cars on this street haha. So during companion study, we tell each other what we learned in personal study, and Elder Young says, ``Today, I learned some things from the Book of Mormon, I read some talks from the apostles, and I learned how to get in a car wreck on a deserted road`` haha it was so funny!

We also went and visited Vanessa again this week and her daughter is pretty hilarious. She´s about three years old I think and we were sitting there talking to Vanessa outside and she has her closeline for her clothes and a bunch of close pins in a pile, so Her daughter, Isabel, comes up to me with the close pins and starts putting them on my finger nails and my ears like earrings and she´s like, ``I´m going to make you look BEAUTIFUL`` haha It was hilarious! A little painful on the ears, but hilarious! If I tried to take them off she would freak out at me and just put them on again, it was too funny. Elder Young and Vanessa were also telling me about all of the great Brasilian movies and music that I have to watch and listen to after the mission as well.

We also had a missionary return to the ward here this week and he is really awesome! He is going to help us a ton here, I´m excited! He had a really good talk yesterday in church about how the ward needs to help us out more with the missionary work and do their part as well, it was really good.

Other than that, there isn´t really too much going on here that is different. I can´t believe July is almost over already, that´s pretty insane! I hope that you are all doing well still! Tell Grandma and Grandpa hi for me! Send me some more of those pictures that I asked for please. If you could, could you maybe send me a new belt, the same one from Mr. Mac that I bought before, with the next package that you send as well? Thanks. I will let you know if I think of something else; I know there is something else but I can´t think of what it is now, so I will write it down when I remember it. Just don´t send the package yet. I love you all. Talk to you next week!

Love, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment