Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 14 in Volta Redonda

Hey Guys,


This week was pretty crazy, lots of running around. Elder Young´s snake, the old lady who loves him, is hilarious haha. Oh man, everytime we go over there I just sit there laughing forever at the stuff that she says to him. Everytime we go there to teach her, she just talks about how beautiful she thinks he is and if he thinks that she is beautiful to. She´s about 60 years old, doesn´t have any teeth, and a little on the larger side of the scale, if you know what I mean. And the last time we were there teaching her, she was just saying how beautiful Elder Young talks, with ``such sympathy``, as she described it hahaha! Oh man, I about dyed laughing! Then she always asks him if he´s going to get married, and he is already engaged, so he just tells her that and then she says how she wants to go to his wedding and wants him to bring her a cake. He says that he will put a piece in the fridge for her if she ever goes up there to visit hahaha. Oh man, too funny. Everyone thinks that he is American because of his name, I think he gets a little annoyed by that haha. Good times over here.

We went and had dinner at Tania´s and Vaviane´s house again with their family and Vladir was there again this time; I love going over there, they are the coolest family! I was teasing him if he got me a Flamengo jersey yet; we were joking around about that last time I was over there talking to him and he gave me that little keychain thing. He said that it was ``arriving`` haha. The next thing I know, he comes out with this jersey in his hands and he´s like, this is my jersey of theirs that I bought I while ago....now it´s yours! I was like, What?! Seriously?! It was so sweet! I was so excited, he is such an awesome guy, holy cow! Still can´t believe it haha, these jerseys cost more than 100 bucks. All I know is that I need to find a way to thank him! I need to get his address and stay in contact with him for sure, he is studying to be an architect. We´re trying to get him back into the church, because he is less active and hasn´t been for a while. We also went back to Márcia´s last night and visited her again. We haven´t been there for awhile. She is really awesome; it gets really sad going over there though to these houses because they are such awesome people but they are missing something in their lives with not going to church. Every one of these families that are less active are some of the most awesome people I have ever met in my life; we just need to help them come back into the church.

We found another elect last night, his name is Eric and he´s 18. He went to church for the first time yesterday in the Sister´s area, but he lives in our area. We visited him last night, and he said that while he was in the church, he was seriously thinking about asking to be baptized right then. We are going to baptize him this week. :) He is awesome, he said that he loved the church; his dad is a less-active and yesterday was his first time returning in twenty plus years! Crazy!

Things here are going really awesome! Winter here is really nice, nice and cool. Elder Young is hilarious and we´ve been having some great times together for sure. Elder Glade is still here for his last transfer, he hasn´t gone home yet. He is a Zone Leader in Nova Iguaçú now; all of my old companions are Zone Leaders now, it´s what I do, I create Zone Leaders. See how good I am here? Haha just joking. I gave him our address and phone number so he should be contacting you guys when he gets home to go and visit you guys. He is an awesome guy, I miss him as a companion, we had some awesome times together!

Well, I´m glad that you are all doing great! I haven´t gotten my package yet, but I did get some more letters this last Zone meeting that we had, that was good. I will get my package at this next Zone Conference I think, I will let you know alright? I hope that you guys have a good week! I Love you all!

Love, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment