Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Tuesday, October 18, 2011


Hey Guys,                          

Sorry that it is Tuesday again too, haha. Yesterday was a huge holiday here in Brasil and EVERYTHING was closed, so we didn´t have a way to come to the LAN house. Don´t worry, P-day is still Monday, believe it or not haha. Yesterday was cool though, we helped Elder Sanchez make Fajitas at home, they turned out SO good, it was delicious. We ate a ton. It was pretty fun. It was raining really hard here yesterday all day, so we just stayed in the apartment all day. It was nice to rest though.

We had an amazing miracle happen this week. This girl that we have been teaching, Jenifer, finally got BAPTIZED!!! It was amazing! We had been teaching her with her sisters who are already members this last transfer, but she wasn´t wanting much and she wasn´t progressing so we stopped going over there. When I went there the first time, I knew that she was going to be baptized, I just didn´t know when. So this last week we went over there again to talk to Jessica and Tainá about one of their friends who went to church, and Jenifer walked into the room. I was on a division with Elder Sanchez so he was with me; it´s funny because he was with me the very first time that we went over there and I told him that she had to get baptized. He asked if she wanted to get baptized on Sunday and she looked down at the floor, embarrassed like she usually is. But instead of saying no, she just sat silent. Then Tainá was like, answer them. And she´s like, "I will, alright!" haha Oh man, we got way excited! I was so happy, it was a miracle for sure. I asked her who she wanted to baptize her and she´s like, "I´ll give you guys a hint...hamburger...happy meal." We´re like, alright, we see where this is going haha. It was really funny. She really changed since this last month that we had visited her, she was a lot more excited and interested in the lessons. She´s really awesome, her whole family is amazing! I love the mission!!

We had an amazing Stake Conference on Sunday as well. The stake president spoke, Sister Lima, President Lima, and Élder Mazzagardi spoke as well. Wow!! It was an incredible conference! They all talked about the temple in Rio!! Everything that we need to do to build the temple here. It was a really spiritual meeting and I took a bunch of notes :) It was cool to see Élder Mazzagardi again. He gave me and my companion a hug, oh man! We´re special haha. It was cool, he´s an awesome guy. Sister gave an amazing talk, as well as President Lima.

I love you all. Hope that you are all doing great! Have a great week!!

Love, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment