Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Monday, August 22, 2011

22 August 2011 (English and Portuguese)

Hey Everyone,

This week went by really fast; trying to get accustomed to all the changes again. I`m really liking being a Zone Leader now, it´s really cool to work with all of the awesome missionaries in our Zone. I have been really blessed, all of the missionaries in this Zone are really awesome and know how to work. My companion, Elder Cavalcanti, is really awesome, I am learning a ton from him. I`m still trying to get used to how everything works out, but it´s going good. We have a missionary in our Zone, Elder Menezes, who was an Assistant to the President and he is really great. He is one of the District Leaders here and has been helping us out a lot; it is awesome having a missionary with a lot of experience to help out the other missionaries in the Zone. He is training an Elder from Ogden, he´s still in the ``lost`` stage. :) It´s great to have Sisters in the Zone again; it´s been a year since I´ve worked with Sisters, they are great! So far, I am loving this place. The members here are amazing as well. We have a few here that are amazing in particular; a family that Elder Romo, my old Zone Leader baptized, they are amazing people. Also, Káthia, who has been helping us out a ton with everything. I`m really liking this ward; I´ve been blessed a lot on the mission.

The first day that I got here was a really great spiritual experience for me. I really miss my last area, it was a really awesome place, my favorite area so far I think....I don´t know, I can´t choose, who am I kidding? I got to the Bus Station where all of the missionaries were and the first person I saw was Elder Romo popping out of the crowd and running towards me. He´s such an awesome guy! He is my favorite Zone Leader that I ever had, I learned the most from him.The area that I am in now, Mutuá, is where he was trained, so he has a huge love for this place. I also saw Elder Merrell, Elder Rebouças, and a bunch of others there that were leaving. There were a ton of really great missionaries that left this last transfer, a lot of power-houses. Elder Romo came and visited Mutuá on his last day here in Brasil and went to the family that he baptized, that has recently passed through the temple and been sealed there. It was a really spiritual experience for all of us. We four went there; me, Elder Cavalcanti, Elder Romo, and Elder Rebouças. All Elders who have passed through here now, or as Elder Romo put it, the past (Romo and Rebouças) the Present (Cavalcanti) and the Future (Me) haha I thought that was funny. They were telling us their experience of when they passed through the temple and how much it blessed their lives, how difficult it was and all of the sacrifices that they made to go to the temple, but how in the end, they made it. It was an incredible experience that I will never forget. Elder Romo bore his testimony, saying that it was probably the last time he would bare his testimony as a special witness of Jesus Christ, being a missionary, and I got really emotional. I don´t want that day to come when I have to leave all of this. Elder Romo was really sad, which got me sad as well. But, I know that he did his absolute best here and I will do the same. No regrets.

I´m loving this area and the members. Trying to get used to everything again, but I´m used to that by now. I can´t believe how fast time is passing. I can´t believe that Emma and Cory are both home already and that Dylan is leaving this week; that is insane to me. I know that Dylan will love his mission. I`m excited to see all of the miracles that will happen this transfer and all of the things that I will learn. I need to appreciate the mission more while it´s here.

I´m excited to serve with this awesome Zone. We have two Americans being trained here in the Zone, so it is going to be a great transfer for everyone. Our Zone covers the cities of São Gonçalo, Barreto, and Niterói. Tell Dylan hi for me when he passes, ok? Tell him that I love him and that he is going to be an incredible missionary!! I will try to write an email for you to send him as well. Love you all, hope that everyone is doing great! That is cool that Katrina had her baby. It´s pretty crazy to tell you the truth. She got married after I left and now had a baby as well. Where has this time gone? Well, I´ll talk to you all next week. Love you all!

Love, Elder McDonald




Agosto, 22
Esta semana passou muito rápido; tentando se acostumar com todas asalterações novamente. Eu realmente estou gostando de serum líder de zona agora, é muito legal trabalhar com todos os incríveis missionários na nossa zona. Eutenho sido muito abençoado, todos os missionários nesta zona são realmenteimpressionantes e sabe como trabalhar. Meu companheiro, oÉlder Cavalcanti, é realmente incrível, estou aprendendo uma tonelada dele Euainda estou tentando me acostumar com como tudo funciona, mas está tudo indobem. Temos um missionário na nossa Zona, Elder Menezes,que era um assistente do presidente e ele é realmente grande. Ele é um dos líderes distritais aqui e tem nos ajudado um monte, éincrível ter um missionário com muita experiência para ajudar os outrosmissionários na Zona. Ele está treinando um Elder deOgden, ele ainda está no estágio de “perdidos”. :) Éótimo ter Sisters na Zona de novo, tem sido um ano desde que eu trabalhei comSisters, elas são ótimas! Até agora, eu estou amando esselugar. Os membros aqui são incríveis também. Temos alguns aqui que são surpreendentes, em particular; uma famíliaque Elder Romo, o meu velho líder de zona batizador, eles são pessoasincríveis. Além disso, Kathia, que tem vindo a ajudar-nosmuito lá fora com tudo. Eu estou realmente gostando dessaala, eu tenho sido abençoado muito sobre a missão.

O primeiro dia que cheguei aqui foi uma experiênciaespiritual muito grande para mim. Eu realmente sintofalta da minha última área, era um lugar realmente impressionante, a minha áreafavorita até agora eu acho que ... não sei, não posso escolher, que eu estoubrincando? Cheguei à Rodoviária, onde todos osmissionários estavam e a primeira pessoa que vi foi Elder Romo pulando parafora da multidão e correndo em minha direção. Ele é umcara incrível! Ele é o meu líder de zona favorito, que eujá tive. Eu aprendi o máximo da área dele. A área que eu estou agora, Mutua, éonde ele foi treinado, então ele tem um amor enorme por este lugar. Eu também vi Elder Merrell Elder Rebouças, e um monte de outros lá queestavam saindo. Havia uma tonelada de missionáriosrealmente grandes que deixou esta última transferência, um monte de poderososde casa. Elder Romo veio e visitou Mutua em seu últimodia aqui no Brasil e foi a família que ele batizou, que recentemente passarampelo templo e foram selados lá. Foi realmente umaexperiência espiritual para todos nós. Nós quatro fomoslá; Eu, Elder Cavalcanti, Elder Romo, e Elder Rebouças. Todosos Elders que passaram por aqui agora, ou assim como Elder Romo foi, no passado(Romo e Rebouças), no Presente (Cavalcanti) e no Futuro (eu) haha ​​eu penseique era engraçado.
Eles nos contaram suas experiências de quando eles passaram pelo templo equanto ele abençoou suas vidas, como foi difícil e todos os sacrifícios queeles fizeram para ir ao templo, mas como no final, eles fizeram isso. Foi uma experiência incrível que eu nunca vou esquecer. Elder Romo prestou seu testemunho, dizendo que era provavelmente aúltima vez que ele teria descoberto seu testemunho como testemunha especial deJesus Cristo. Sendo um missionário,  eufiquei realmente emocionado. Eu não quero esse dia chegue,quando eu tenho que deixar tudo isso. Elder Romo estavamuito triste, que me deixou triste também. Mas, eu seique ele fez o seu melhor aqui e vou fazer o mesmo. Semarrependimento.

Estou amando essa área e os membros.Tentando me acostumar com tudo novamente, mas estouacostumado com isso por agora. Eu não posso acreditarcomo o tempo está passando rápido. Eu não posso acreditarque Emma e Cory estão  em casa e queDylan está saindo esta semana, que loucura para mim. Eusei que Dylan vai adorar a sua missão. Eu estou  animado para ver todos os milagres que iráiacontecer nesta transferência e todas as coisas que eu vou aprender. Eu preciso apreciar a missão mais enquanto ele está aqui.
Estou animado para servir com este impressionanteZona. Temos dois americanos sendo treinados aqui na Zona,por isso vai ser uma grande transferência para todos. NossaZona abrange as cidades de São Gonçalo, Barreto, e Niterói. Diga oi para mim Dylan quando ele passar, ok? Digaa ele que eu amo e que ele vai ser um missionário incrível! Vou tentar escrever um e-mail para que você possa enviá-lo também. Amo todos vocês, espero que todo mundo esteja indo muito bem! Que é legal que o Katrina teve seu bebê. É muitolouco para dizer a verdade. Ela casou-se depois que eusaí e agora tem um bebê também. Para onde foi esse tempo?Bem, eu vou falar com todos vocês na próxima semana. Amo todos vocês!

Amor, Élder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment