Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First message from Braden

Querido Familia!!


Como Vai? How are you all doing? I got your letter and package and I was so happy to see it! It made my day! It has been so great here so far! My testimony has grown so much in these last few days! I have learned the meaning of hard work for sure. It is so worth it though. My teachers here are so great! One of them is a native Brazilian and she has helped me to learn so much in Portuguese and in the gospel. The time here goes by pretty fast! The days are long and filled with stuff to work on and study, but the days go by fast! The language is going wonderfully! I've learned a lot already, but I know I have so much more to learn. I have had to depend on the Lord so much, and I think that is why my testimony has grown so strong. When times get a little discouraging, I just say my prayers and read my scriptures and I am immediately comforted. I have learned to have faith and trust in meu Pai Celestial e Salvador so much more since I have been here. I'm so grateful for this. The lessons, the firesides, the devotionals, and the other meetings have been amazing!! Tonight we are going to have a devotional with a General Authority! I am so excited for that! I hope everything is going well for you at home! I hope you are all doing amazing and feeling the spirit and the blessings as much as I am. My companion is a great missionary. We get along great because we are both easy going and he helps me remember what I need if I forget and we both work hard. Our district is definitely the best! I have become friends with all twelve of the missionaries in here! They are my family here and they keep me moving forward! We went to the temple grounds on Sunday and that was an amazing experience! We are also going to do a session today and I can't wait for that either! I've seen some good friends from high school here and have talked to them so that was great! I hope that you are all safe and not missing me too much. I'm excited to keep working and learning the Gospel. My testimony of the Atonement has specifically been increased! There are amazing teachers here that know the Gospel so well! I am striving to stay humble and teachable so that I can be the best missionary to my ability! I still can't believe that I'm here, but I'm so happy! I'm glad they keep us so busy here because it keeps me focused and not homesick as much. I remember you always in my prayers. I have heard that Rio is the most beautiful city in Brazil so I am so excited to go there and teach! I have learned to teach the people, not the lessons and to meet their needs before I just go in and start teaching. This is a great benefit to me that I think will make my success and the success of my companion, and ultimately the Lord, increase. I'm so grateful to have you as my family. I was thinking about how blessed I am for each of you. I love you all so much and will continue to pray for you! Take care and I hope to hear from you soon!



LOVE, ELDER MCDONALD

No comments:

Post a Comment