Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

18 July 2011

Hey Everyone,

Sounds like you all had a pretty busy week, that´s cool. Sounds like the weddings were great as well. Dad, send me a picture of Jacob´s wedding as well, I want to see it. The picture that you sent is really good; Makensie and Johnathan look a lot different to me, the others look pretty much the same. Sounds like you guys are doing a lot of fun stuff this summer. I can´t believe that July is almost over already though, that is nuts.

This week was good, not as exciting as last week though. Yesterday was pretty funny, I learned how to be a good marriage counselor. There is a companionship in my district and they aren´t getting along too well, so yesterday I sat them both down in a room and had them tell me what was going on. Lots of venting, but I`m hoping it helped. I told them that I´m not their babysitter and that they know what they need to do, so just do it. My companion thought it was funny, he thinks it´s exactly like a married couple situation, going through counseling, we were laughing about it afterward. I`m glad that my companion is awesome and that I´ve never really had any big problems with my companions, I´ve been blessed.

We had a few days this week where it was really hard to find new people to teach. We were walking around the streets all day looking for people to teach, talking to everybody, but everybody was ``too busy`` or didn´t want to talk to us, which means the same thing, right? But oh well, it´s part of it. On Thursday, I had to go do five baptism interviews, four in a city called Itatiaia and the other one in Centenário, so I was all over the place that day. Right after lunch was when it started and I didn´t get home until about 10:15. The first two interviews were sad, they didn´t feel like they were ready, even though they were overly ready; I used every scripture I could think of, but they just didn´t have any desire for the baptism to be Sunday. The second two were really awesome; the Spirit was really strong during the third interview, especially when he gave the closing prayer. I love interviews, they are so cool.

Other than that, nothing really new happened. Our ward mission leader looks exactly like Leonardo DiCaprio; I forgot to take a picture with him yesterday, I need to do that and send it to you guys. There is a really cool National Park here in Itatiaia that I am dying to visit. There are tons of waterfalls in there and caves and it´s a jungle to say the least. I want to go there on one of these P-days.

Well, I don´t really know what else to write. I`m doing great! I still love this area, the people here are amazing! Hope that you are all doing great as well! Have a fun week and I will talk to you all next week.

Love, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment