Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Sunday, June 26, 2011

20 June 2011

Hey Family,

How is everything going? Thanks for the emails, sounds like you are all having a good start for the summer, that´s good. Sounds like those plays were really awesome! That is cool that you guys also went to the St. George Temple, that must have been amazing. Well, I´m not going to lie, I didn´t actually know that it was Father´s Day until right now; Father´s Day here isn´t until August, so sorry about that Dad and Grandpa! I hope that it was an amazing day for you both and thank you both for everything that you have done for me. I´m sorry I haven´t always shown the gratitude for you both that you each deserve, but as time goes on, I realize all of the sacrifices that you have made for me and that they really were big sacrifices. That goes for you, Mom, and Grandma as well. The mission really helps you see how many blessings you have and how much you take for granted. I know I have seen a lot of things here that make me wish I would have been more grateful in the past for everything that I had.

I have been pretty sad this last week, I´ll be honest. President and Sister Bezerra only have this last week and then they are leaving. I think of how much I have learned and grown with them both and how much that I love them and am grateful for the both of them; how blessed that I am to have had the amazing opportunity to work with these amazing people and participate in these amazing miracles that are happening in this amazing mission. Last night, we went to a fireside in the Zone leader´s ward that they invited us to, and we looked at the huge difference that has happened since President got here, going from the second to last mission in baptizing, up to where we are now, being the first. They were talking a lot about how the attitude of the people was before, how everyone thought that this mission, this city, was too wicked to have miracles and to have a strong church membership. After all, when people think of Rio, the first thing they think about is beaches, pretty girls, lots of partying, and iniquity. That was the mindset of the people when President Bezerra first got here. He talked to us about the battle he had with the people, the members and everyone about changing this sad story. I got to thinking about when people would joke around with me before the mission when they found out where I was going. It was funny when Elder Merrell said the same thing, that when he was at home everyone said ``oh man, Rio, everyone is always drunk and you´re going to get shot.`` That was pretty funny. It has been amazing to see how much this mission has grown and to be a part of this miracle in this amazing mission. The Lord is preparing this city, as Elder Scott said, to be a huge help for the church. He talked about the potential that this city has and how Satan is well aware of it, that is why he is doing everything to keep it from growing. They talked about all of this in the fireside yesterday, it went really well. There is so much that I still need to learn on the mission. I get sad when I think about the short time that I have left, so I try not to think about it :) I love everything about this experience.

President and Sister Bezerra are coming to visit us this week and I´m really excited. President is going to give us all blessings, that is going to be amazing!

I don´t really know what else to say to you all; I know that this Gospel is true. I love my Savior. I want to be able to say by the end of my mission that I know my Savior. I am still trying to work until that point, learning about Him, His works, and His life. I love you all, I hope that you all know that. This time I have had on the mission has been the best time that I have had in my life. Have an amazing week and I will talk to you all next week!

-Love, Elder McDonald



Here´s the new mission address:

Rua Dois de Dezembro 78, Salas 703/704

Flamengo - Rio de Janeiro - RJ

22220-040

Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment