Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Sunday, June 26, 2011

2 May 2011

Bom Dia!

How are all of you doing? Thanks for the emails, they were great! This week was one of the greatest weeks of my life and of the mission for sure! We had 2 baptisms yesterday and we had 5 people at church yesterday as well, it was amazing! We baptized Wanderleia and Penha, they are the coolest! I´ve been so impressed with all of the people that I have baptized and the awesome lessons of faith that I have learned from all of them. Last night, I was reading the names of all of the people I have baptized so far and I could remember exactly how it was with each of them, it is a really cool experience to be here on the mission and see all of these miracles happening. Yesterday we were running around everywhere like crazy people trying to make sure that our baptisms got to church and the people that were going with us to church as well. We climbed up this enormous hill/mountain and got to the top just to find out that the family that said they were going to go with us didn´t want anything to do with us anymore. I was pretty sad and annoyed, and let them know that haha, I said that I climbed up that huge hill just for them and now they weren´t going to come to church. That was pretty messed up. But oh well, free agency right? We were blessed for that with our 2 baptisms and the other people that we had at church with us. It was really cool. Then at church, the craziness didn´t end. Elder Gentry called me and said that he got robbed and that someone stole his camera, so I had to deal with that as well. He ended up getting it back though, thank goodness. Then I had to fill up the baptism font really fast, then I found out that I needed to play the piano for Sacrament, then I went back out to talk to Elder Gentry and help him out, came back into Testimony Meeting, went up there, bore my testimony, played piano again, then it was ended. I ran over to confirm all of our lunches with the members for this week, ran over and got the gowns for the baptisms, set up the room with hymn books, and the list just keeps going on. I dídn´t finally get to rest until we got the baptisms on the bus to go to their houses. It was a really awesome day though! The hard work all payed off :)



I´m pretty excited as well for this weekend! I can´t believe that this the last time I get to talk to you guys before I get home, that is too weird! I´m getting nervous and sad. I´m not ready to come home yet. I made a year and four months on Saturday, so weird. Time is flying! So I will try to call you guys to have you call me back and I will have to use the Skype of one of the members or make an account on the spot, because I don´t have the number of where we are going to call. But it will all go well, I`m excited. It will be cool to see you guys. Sounds like you guys had a pretty busy week as well this week. I can´t believe that it is May either, that is so weird to me. How is everyone doing there? That sounds like you guys had some amazing experiences at the temple this week.

I don´t know what else to tell you guys, I want to talk to you more on Sunday about everything that has been going on. So I was planning on calling you guys somewhere between 10-11 in the morning on Monday, about 7 or 8 there. Is that cool? Tell Megan and Cory and Grandpa and Grandma to all be up and ready, I want to see some lovely morning faces :) It will be cool to see you guys again. So I will try and find a member that has a webcam and has good internet to talk to you guys and then I will call you to get the account number and everything to talk to you guys.

Well, I love you all, I hope that you are all doing great! Have a great week and I´ll talk to you all on Sunday then, ok? Bye-bye.

Love, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment