Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Sunday, June 26, 2011

16 May 2011

Hey Everyone,

How is it going? This week was really awesome! We had a really cool baptism yesterday and we had interviews with the President on Wednesday, it was really cool. We had some really awesome people at church yesterday as well so we should baptize pretty well this week. The boy that we baptized yesterday is Ronan, and he´s the coolest kid ever. He´s way funny and he loves the church. His family came to church with us to watch his baptism, it was really great. The ward seems a lot more excited now and they are really helping us out a lot.

The interview with President this last week was my favorite interview that I have had so far on the mission, it was really spiritual. We were both sad that he was leaving, he´s sad and so am I. He told me that I was a really great missionary and thanked me for being a missionary that he could really trust with everything. He sent me a really cool little email today too. I´m really going to miss President Bezerra. I´m so happy that I had the privilege to work with him, under his direction and see how inspired he is. I told him to stop by our house after the mission and gave him our address and my email to keep in contact. You can tell that he is starting to get sad about the fact that he is almost leaving. I think this will be the last Zone conference that I will have with him. He said that before he leaves he is going to give every missionary a blessing individually, so I am really looking forward to that. It will be really awesome! Time is so crazy.

This week will be really fast-paced. We have to firm up our baptisms for this Sunday and visit all of these people, then we will have Zone Conference on Friday in Petrópolis which is going to be awesome; such a pretty place. Then, on top of all of that, this is the last week of the transfer. This was the fastest transfer that I have had on the mission so far, it was ridiculous! I don´t know what happened.

Sounds like you guys are staying busy as normal, that´s always good. Same here haha. Some days I wake up really stressed out from the start, I´m sure you know how that is. My Zone leaders always tell me about that, and that it is good for me haha. They say it will train me for the future, I guess they are right. It´s crazy. I have learned so much on the mission, I am loving these awesome experiences that I am having. I was just thinking about how awesome it is that the Lord has sent me here to Brasil to be with these people, with these Elders, with President Bezerra, and has helped me experience all of the things that I will need for the rest of my life, all the little things that happen everyday and all of the quick decision making. I´m really grateful for the mission and all of the things that have happened throughout. I love all of you guys. I hope that my relationship with the Lord continues to improve and that I can really have used every minute of the mission to get all that I can out of it. I am studying so hard everyday, trying to learn as much as I can. I love the scriptures and I know they are true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, how can´t it be? I hope that you all have a great week and I will talk to you all soon.

Love, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment