Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Thursday, November 25, 2010

Week 3 in Galeão

Hey Everyone,


Well, this week was pretty great as well. My companions a pretty hilarious guy. We have some good times together for sure. I´m really liking living with four Elders again, it´s pretty fun. I love the members here so much as well and have already gotten to know most of them pretty well when we eat lunch with them. Djalma and Aline are the coolest people in the world! Djalma is a recent convert and is the funniest and nicest guy I have ever met. He has a big long pony tail and it´s way sweet. Matias´s family is the greatest as well; his mom treats us like her children, it´s great. She always has a snack for us whenever we go over to her house haha I am being taken care of very well here, don´t you worry. I was talking to Sam at Zone Conference and he said that when his mission ends in December and if I´m still here in the next transfer, he is going to come back here and visit these people again and work with me. That will be way sweet! I´d also love to come back here after the mission with him and visit all of these people that we met.

This week, we marked two baptismal dates with Wellington and Monica, they are both really awesome and really receptive. Monica seems really, really anxious to come to church, but she has to work almost every day of the week, but she said that this week she has Sunday off and that she will come to church with us.

I´m trying to think of more things that have happened this week. I can´t believe that November is already over almost and that this year is also almost over. It´s so weird. I still feel like I just got here on the mission. I´m really anxious to get the new Liahona for this month with the Conference talks. Have you guys gotten it yet? Haha yesterday was funny. I was playing piano for Sacrament, and the pages kept flipping because of the ceiling fans that were blowing and there weren´t any other hymn books to help keep the page open, so as I´m there struggling to keep the book open and play at the same time, one of the members daughters comes and saves me and puts a hymn book up to keep the other one open haha. It was funny. Then after Sacrament, they came up and talked to me and were like, We saw you struggling there keeping the book open I told her to run over there and save you haha it was pretty hilarious. This Ward really is amazing and I´m loving serving here! I´m so blessed to be serving in these amazing areas with these amazing people!! I love the mission so much and am so grateful to the Lord for the tremendous blessings that I have. I love you all so much and am so grateful for you all! Tell Grandma and Grandpa hi for me and enjoy the rest of the week at Disneyland and Happy Thanksgiving!!! Eat lots for me, seeing how they don´t celebrate it here. Love you! Until next week.

-Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment