Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

6 Weeks in the Missionary Training Center

Braden is studying the language and becoming more excited about teaching the people of Brazil about the church. Many of the missionaries have left for Brazil recently and he feels sad to see them go. We feel that Braden may be leaving for Brazil soon as well.


Elder Braden McDonald writes,

We had about a hundred visas come in and a ton of missionaries have left already. It was pretty sad for me because I have grown so close to some of them and it's just like saying goodbye to your family all over again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Braden says that one of the teachers that is a native Brazilian calls him Elder "Burger King" for fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Braden is so excited about all of the great things he is learning that we wanted to share this with you from him.

He writes,

My testimony grows stronger everytime I teach with the Spirit. Things come to my mind that I need to say and the language doesn't seem to be a barrier. It is amazing what the Lord will do for us when we submit to His will, and as the scriptures say, as we "open our mouths" the Lord will fill them with what we need to say. I testify that I know that this is true and that this Gospel is a Gospel of hope, that will bring everyone Eternal Happiness through the Sealing Power and the Atonement of Christ. I love you all and hope that you are all doing well still. I wish I had more time to write but my time is going down as we speak. This is the greatest thing I've done in my life so far and I hope I will make the best of it and work my hardest. I love The Lord with everything I have. I love you all as well.
Love,
Elder McDonald


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are so proud of all that he is learning and the great growth he has gone through in so little time. Please write him if you have the chance, as he may be leaving for Brazil quite soon, and he has expressed how much he has appreciated family and friends writing to him.



Love, The McDonald Family

No comments:

Post a Comment