Welcome

Elder Braden McDonald has been called to serve in the Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission.

He will be returning on December 21, 2011 and will speak in Church on January 1, 2012.


Saturday, February 27, 2010

2 Months

It's hard to believe that Braden has been out for about 2 months now. Yesterday he arrived in Rio. Here are some excerpts from his last letter, while he was still in Sao Paulo,


We went proselyting downtown Sao Paulo, all the missionaries, we went walking around and we found some really awesome people! They speak really fast :) It was hard to understand them sometimes, but we got most of what they were saying. They were very nice and it was such a good experience for us. I learned a lot from it. The first lady didn't have a religion and she seemed really interested in the gospel so we gave her a Book of Mormon and testified of it to her. It was so cool! We also talked to another guy who read it for a long time while he was in the park and we kept looking back at him; it was so awesome seeing him read for like 15 minutes while we were gone. We also met a guy from Nigeria who spoke English and we didn't have an English Book of Mormon so we gave him the Portugues one and gave him a number to call. It was a pretty amazing experience for sure, I learned the discipline and the study skills in Provo MTC, and the language skills here. We went to the Campinas Temple today and it is so beautiful! The temple grounds are gorgeous! Palm trees, flowers, arches everywhere, and the grass looks like astro turf because it is so green. It is also on a hill that overlooks the city and it is so pretty! I love it! I´m so glad we go to go to it before we leave. So I think we are still leaving in two days, as far as I know. I guess we get our travel plans tomorrow and no, I´m not sure when preparation day is, but I heard that it might be Monday. I´ll let you know though for sure. That is cool that you got a letter from my mission president, he is supposed to be an amazing guy and I´m excited to meet him. I'm still trying to work hard and everything is still going awesome! It´s been a really awesome week and I've met so many more people here that I've grown to love in just this short past week. It is so great here and I absolutely love it!
Love, Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment